Thursday, May 13, 2010

Steve Yzerman Declines GM Job in Tampa

According to The Fourth period, Steve Yzerman has declined Tampa Bay's GM offer.

First, Dave Nonis took himself out of the running for the general manager position with the Lightning. Now, it appears Steve Yzerman is out of the mix, as well.

Nonis signed a two-year extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier this week. According to several sources, TFP has learned that Yzerman has turned down the opportunity to become the GM of the Bolts.


I'm really glad to hear this. Stevie Y. is my hero and while I'd understand if he did, it'd be awful to see him at any other franchise. It won't be any time soon, but the GM job will be available for him in Detroit one day. I hope he's around to take it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Shabbeer. I'm very glad you enjoy it. Things are pretty quiet right now, but I plan on ramping things up more for next season.

    ReplyDelete